Friday 11 May 2012

Diabetes blog week 2011: Saturday snapshots

Saturday snapshots - Saturday 5/14: Today is the only day I’ve brought back a fun topic from last year. Inspired by the Diabetes 365 project, let’s snap a few more d-related pictures and share them again. Post as many or as few as you’d like. Be creative! Feel free to blog your thoughts on or explanations of your pictures. Or leave out the written words and let the pictures speak for themselves.

Ooh pics! Alright, here goes:

I have a place to store all my diabetes stuff (pictured below), but still things manage to escape.  This is just and example of some of the things that end up randomly placed around our flat, usually when I've been clearing out a bag or something.  Lots of jelly babies/skittles in particular...


 I keep a small whiteboard in the kitchen that I can scribble useful reminders on, such as groceries and whatnot.  One of the things that I use if for is to keep a note of the carb counts of things I make for lunch, especially since I sometimes stick things in the freezer for a while and then pull them out and can't quite remember how much was in it...


My scales. Not immediately obviously diabetes-related, but I love these, since I just keep them handy on the edge of the counter, and I can quickly weigh things like cereal or fruit when I'm at home to give me a quick carb count. :)





 
My stash. ;)  I have a little chest of drawers that I use to keep all of my medical stuff in.  This is it mostly full.  It never fails to amaze me how much stuff we accumulate as diabetics just to stay alive...



 My pencil case of goodies.  I find the easiest way to carry around all of the crap stuff I need for my diabetes is to keep it in a decent sized pencil case.  I can fit my meter, strips, finger pricker, hypo treatment, ketone meter and strips, insulin, syringe, spare set and a pen in one handy little container.  That means I can just grab this, stick it in my bag and go, and I'm pretty much set.  Diabetes can often interfere with trying to be spontaneous, but I find that things like this help.





My many pump cases! I may have a bit of a problem, but they're just so awesome! The pink one came from Animas, but the other two came from http://www.ipsox.co.uk/ (and I may have acquired a few more since then...)



The little blob you can see my cat trying to pounce on is the plunger from one of my pump cartridges.  Apparently they make great cat toys (even better if you put them inside an empty test strip container...then they rattle!)


Well, that was fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment