Friday 11 May 2012

Diabetes blog week 2011: 10 things I hate about you Diabetes!

Ten things I hate about you, Diabetes - Thursday 5/12: Having a positive attitude is important . . . but let’s face it, diabetes isn’t all sunshine and roses (or glitter and unicorns, for that matter). So today let’s vent by listing ten things about diabetes that we hate. Make them funny, make them sarcastic, make them serious, make them anything you want them to be!!

I normally try to have quite a positive attitude towards my diabetes, after all it's not something that's going away any time soon, and so we have to find a way to live with it.  However, that doesn't mean I don't get pissed off at it...

1. I hate that you make everything just that little bit more difficult, and that I can't ever get a break from that.  I hate when you get in the way.

2. I hate that you take away the spontaneity.

3. I hate those pump set changes that hurt like hell

4. I hate that I have callouses/little dots over my fingers

5. I hate the inconsistency.

6. I hate that you made me sit through appointments where I was made to feel stupid or lazy or uncaring

7. This is for my immune system in general: this whole trying to kill me thing is getting old. Knock it off. Or at least let the two autoimmune disease I already have play nice together (Note: Giving me an autoimmune disease that requires steroids when I already have one with BG/insulin issues? *Not* playing nicely).

8. I hate that I'm going to have The Thought when I have kids. And that having kids is going to be harder (see point 1).

9. I hate that crappy feeling of not being able to think straight when I'm low

10. I hate that you force me to be practical, when sometimes I just want to buy the pretty sparkly bag without thinking about how my diabetes crap won't fit in it.

Actually, that was quite therapeutic!

No comments:

Post a Comment